Wednesday, February 17, 2010

You make me smile

Lucy dressing up with friend Claire. This picture is strangely similar to one taken last year of their brothers (Sam and Carter).
Just don't touch the Sephora stuff, K?

Ben wanted to dress up, too. He'd make a cute sister.



New haircut and feeling fine.


Lucy was cracking me up tonight! She napped today. She needed one and it always puts her in such a great mood for the rest of the evening. Other nights she's nodding off during family prayer or cranky and moody during the bedtime routine. Tonight, though, I couldn't stop laughing at her! She had on Sam's old shark PJ's (navy and white striped little shorts with a bright orange tip -- both pieces are very form fitting). She kept doing these funny walks and giving me huge grins to go along with her silly mood. Finally, I got her in bed, and I started singing "I have a family here on earth...." She starts relaxing. I get to the part where I sing "through all eternity." Lucy stops me. "You said Wall-e!" "No I didn't!" I didn't know what she was talking about. "Yeah -- Through Wall-e!" "OH," I say, " Through Wall-E!" This whole time I'm trying to teach my children about how our family is eternal and all she's hearing is "I want to share my life with them through Wall-e...." But at least she's listening!
This afternoon I felt a little earthquake. I went to see if she had felt it. "Did you feel that earthquake, Lucy?" "Where?" "There was an earthquake right now." "Where?" "It shook the house. It was right here." "Like this?" She lifts her arms up and shakes her hims in her signature hawaiian way. I can't help but laugh, but I think that's what she wanted. Where did she learn to shake those hips?

Yesterday we went to the dentist and Lucy did something so thoughtful. Anything she does that surprises me is usually a function of something she watched on TV, unfortunately. But this I didn't mind her copying from the tube. We were on our way to the car when she spotted a trash bag on the ground. She pointed at it and said "Let's take care uh duh oaf (of the earth)!" "That's a great idea, Lucy!" She picked it up and put it in a nearby trash can.

Another cute story -- Chris overheard Lucy "calling the dr." on her play cell phone the other day. She had her Ariel dolly in her arms and spoke in a very concerned tone as she told the dr. the problem. "Hello Dr.? You need uh come ovuh right away! Yeah, 'cause Ariel's really really sick. She took a nap and then she went poo poo and she's really sick. Uh-huh. Ok. Bye."

1 comment:

Danny and Amy said...

And you thought your linguistics degree wouldn't come in handy as a mom! The way you spelled Lucy's words is exactly how she talks!